The following area is a work in progress section of our self-help page. These will help provide suggestions for specific issues we hear about but may not be complete or ready for prime time. The use of any of these advanced self-help suggestions should be with care and done at your own risk.
- Check for USB or CD/DVD bypassing the correct boot process.
- Make sure the computer plugged in to a powered outlet.
- If wireless, try changing the battery inside the mouse.
- Unplug and plug back in wireless dongle or wired mouse.
- Close programs running in the background.
- Reboot your computer.
- Check startup programs.
- Run your Antivirus/Malware scan.
- Make sure vents are not blocked.
- Check how much of your disk space is free.
- Close other programs that are running.
- Open Task Manager to see what is spiking.
- If your computer has a mechanical drive consider updating to a solid state drive.
- Run your antivirus/malware programs to check for viruses.
- Make sure your antivirus/malware protection is active and enabled.
- Run a deep scan.
- Make sure the volume isn’t muted.
- Select the correct device.
- Restart the printer.
- Update printer drivers.
- Make sure the correct printer is selected.
- Run printer manufacturer’s troubleshooters, built-in or online.
- Restart router.
- Check wireless on device.